Be ready for a cyber-attack and be Insured.
With the increasing popularity of the internet and social media, businesses have been using the Internet to increase their product offering and improving their efficiency. A fascinating, practical and effective medium that involves many risks. Technology has evolved, thieves too. Whether they are called pirates, hackers, hijackers or computer cheats, they are ready to do anything to steal from a distance.
All companies connected to the Internet and holding data, for themselves or for their customers and are at risk of being hacked or having their computer databases hacked. It is wrong to think that only large companies can be victims. Any business, big or small, can be the target of a cyber-attack.
To avoid the consequences of theft, hacking or loss of data and revenue, AFER Group Ltd. wishes to make you aware of this reality and to ensure you against a cyber-attack.
A breach of privacy includes the loss or theft of personal information, as well as the unauthorized use or access to the personal information of employees or customers. Our Cybersecurity protection will help you get your business back to normal if you have been the target of such an attack. Whatever the nature and scope of your business, you may be the victim of a cyber attack.
- The breach of computer network security, hacking and data theft.
- The non-respect of the confidentiality of the information of the company and those of its customers.
- Damage to the company’s reputation and its trademark in the event of information theft.
- An unintentional or accidental offense.
- System failure or misconfiguration
AFER Group Ltd. strongly believes that all businesses are at risk whether you own a retail store, an online business, a manufacturing company, a web agency or an IT company, hosting service and application services, an office, a professional, no matter the size of your business. As soon as your business has a computer network, you are connected to the internet, you can be the target of a cyber attack.
- According to a study by Intact Insurance, 31% of reported incidents involve companies with fewer than 100 employees.
- Companies that have been victims of these cyber attacks have suffered heavy losses.
- 51% experienced a temporary interruption in services.
- 42% experienced a loss of productivity.
- Verizon’s 2015 data breach investigation report concludes that the cost of data breaches is highly variable and depends, in part, on the number of files because of certain fixed costs that may be incurred for each breach… For example, there is not necessarily a strong correlation between investigation costs and legal fees and the number of files lost than between the cost of credit monitoring services and the size of the service contract provided by the company to the major credit watch companies.
- Carefully choose your software and data protection equipment.
- Equip your computer systems with firewalls and active anti-virus solutions.
- Keep antivirus and firewall software up-to-date.
- Opt for an adequate solution for backing up your data.
- Destroy unused data appropriately.
- Encrypt sensitive data and sensitive emails.
- Ask a specialized firm to perform a security audit.
Some examples of risks covered
- Remediation costs
- Operating losses
- Some legal fees
- Damage to equipment
- Costs incurred by the attack
- Extortion and communication during a crisis
- Liability to a third party resulting from unauthorized access
- Theft or destruction of data
- Non-compliance with privacy laws, collection, transmission, and use of private data
- Incident Response Fee
- Phone hacking
Investing in cyber insurance is investing in your business. A cyber attack, a computer virus or hacking of your customers’ data could be excessively damaging to your credibility as well as to the financial sustainability of your business. Be safe, be careful. AFER Group Ltd. insurance brokers specialize in cybersecurity insurance and can optimize your risk management!